Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Finish!

My version of Kim's beautiful pattern is finally finished! I have always thought of the the little song "All God's Creatures Have A Voice In The Choir" when working on this quilt and while I don't often name my quilts that is definitnately the name of this one.

I am a hand appliquer but I chose to machine applique this one. I used a blanket stitch and King Tut variegated thread.

It did not speed up the process one bit, I started it six years ago, but it has been a joy to stitch and looking at my blog noticed I had 27 different posts with Roseville Album mentioned with progress and process pictures.

I did change up the outer border with more circles and semi circles.

I finished it by quilting my initials and the year over the house at the top.

Again, it has been a joy!

Happy Stitching All,



Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hello everyone,

A lot of people have had a lot of problem posting in this blog.
Liza has just made a Glorious Applique Facebook group.
Please join us and post all your applique projects there.
We'd all love to see your work!

Sunday, December 6, 2015

An Error in " A Boy and a Girl" quilt pattern, please note.

Hello Everybody,

Thank you to Nancy M for alerting us to the mistake on page 1 in the instruction sheet of the pattern " Boy and a girl, an album"
At the bottom of the page 1: it should say:
For the " Boy and Girl" block, cut 4 bias strips 18" x 7/8" for the ribbon joining the flowers and use the "9mm" Clover gadget to iron the bias stems. The finished width of the strip is 3/8" after ironing with the Clover bias maker.

My senile brain wrote 18" x 3/8" !!! this is of course totally incorrect.
My apologies to everybody, if you know someone who is doing this quilt please pass on the message.
I hope everyone gets to read this post.

Also keep an eye out in Liza's Face Book ( I don't have FB, yet, I need someone to walk me through it) for our Glorious Hexagon Along starting in January 2016. It is done in conjunction with Paper Pieces ( see their website) and Katja Marek's book " The New Hexagon". It will be fun to do. Liza and I have done a hexie quilt each using the different hexagon shapes in Katja's book and Kaffe Collective fabrics. Amazing how many interesting hexagons you can get using 3 yards of fabric like " Feathers" - it's unreal. My 3 yards was totally demolished, didn't leave much scrap at all, it all went into the quilt. Liza will tell you how to cut this 3 yards, and the process of preparation.

So long, please pass on this error message to other people, not sure how many people are reading the blog these days. Many thanks and my sincere apologies. Cheers, Kim

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A finished quilt

I'm posting these photos on behalf of Ruth Ann Joslin. The quilt is Kim's Pandemonium pattern, and its turned out magnificently.
Thanks to Ruth Ann for sharing this quilt and she'd like to state that she loves all of Kim's patterns but could do without circles on the next one.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Pandemonium, lower part of the top, finished

Yeah, got the bottom blocks of this quilt done and together.  I love the mixture of piecing and applique.  I used all Kaffe fabrics, which I love......I do needle turn applique, even all those little circles.  I trace the design right onto the fabrics then needle turn it. 
now to get the rest of the top done.  I'm already working on the next row up.....the Large block is the one that took quite awhile.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Finished at last!

Well, my Roseville Album is finished at last. I left off the border ( obviously) as I decided it was large enough as is. The background is a Reece Scanell shot cotton and the applique fabrics are all Kaffe Fassett. Beautifully quilted by Naomi Hynes.
I am really happy with the end result.

Close up of the centre blocks

Adding the binding!
The finished quilt

Monday, April 6, 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We have sold over 1000 Flower Pot patterns without any negative feedback until this week. A customer found an error and she is indeed, correct.  The printed tissue paper pattern for the top and bottom borders (with the birds) measures just under 59".  It should measure 58".  This means that you may need to slightly move the birds to fit within the correct size.

We are guessing the reason we have not heard about this before is that applique has a way of shrinking up the background. Most people sew onto a larger than needed piece of background and after stitching, measure and trim to size.

The customer who found the problem fused the pieces so the usual shrinking didnt happen.