Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First broder on Basket Medallion

My next border on the Basket Medallion. I am going to wash and soak this part to get the glue out of it and planning on washing the next border before attaching them together.



I had to stop awhile on these projects as I needed to put sleeves and labels on 2 quilts and work on the binding on one of them as they are going into the Des Moines quilt show, October 6-9.



I always have several projects going at one time, actually there is 9 projects. I divided my time up by machine sewing on weekends or early evenings and all my hand sewing I do evenings and very late nights. My quilting friends accuse me of never sleeping....I try to do something everyday, guess it is therapy for me or maybe an obsession either way it makes me happy.... Julee

13 comments:

  1. Looks great. Do whatever it takes to keep our mental health on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH !! How beautiful!!! I just started to do applique and can't wait till I can make something like this !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Julee...and we know they always look better in person!!!

    In the Winter months I generally do machine work during the day and hand work at night. By dividing our time up we're always working on more than one project..but that keeps it interesting?

    Good luck in the show..you better get stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 projects? OMG!! Are they all applique? Got pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julee
    Only 9, I am afraid to count my works in progress.
    I agree, great therapy.
    Your center looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Gorgeous!!!

    I am afraid, too, to consider my ufos....but they all make me happy, and it goes along with my quilter's ADD. 'Oh, look!....another shiny object!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julee - Your block is really gorgeous! I love the colors and the center is stunning. I think those of us who applique, must come from a very similiar gene pool! Lots of lovely fabric, projects, love color, and willing to stay up late at night to work on these lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positively beautiful, Julee!!! Your fabric choices and color placement are 'just right!' That polka dotted border fabric provides just the right POP!!!

    Best of luck with the Des Moines Show!!! Keep us posted...?! And, like Ann said, you'd better get stitching. ; ) Enjoy every stitch you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your project is beautiful, so happy. Your colors are just so vibrant. I absolutely love the way you did the flower in the middle. It is going to be so much fun to get started for me because there are so many wonderful examples on this website, if I ever get stuck with a fabric choice, all I will have to do is look at the pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I am really loving your color palette! The big flower in the middle is just Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking really gorgeous Julee. I love the black spot too! If I use glue, I wash the blocks before trimming, I don't like to have it in there for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete