Sunday, September 5, 2010

Flower basket Medallion


This is the centre of my Flower Basket quilt - I'm thinking of doing a clamshell border around this block before continuing but will see how it looks. I've finished my first Roseville block and am waiting on the rest of my background fabric to arrive to start my next block. Guess I will have some time to do all the preparation though. So many quilts, so little time!! I'm looking forward to being on holidays in a couple of weeks so should be able to imerse myself then!
Jenny

11 comments:

  1. This block's great. I love all your applique work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinwheel flower is wonderful. Fun looking at the leaves and comparing my stash to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your basket looks fabulous as does your applique and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun--looking at your block I see new exciting ways to cut my fabrics that are different than I would have seen without your help (hope that makes sense). Love the background of your basket--it is really pretty, like a soft fine china pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny your basket block is beautiful
    I love the fabric you chose for the big flower it is radiating!
    thanks for sharing
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! The flower is AWESOME!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious basket Jenny, love to see the clamshells on it!! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color burst! Oh my, look at all of those perfect little curves and lines...great job! Again!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GORGEOUS block, Jenny!!! Your use of fabrics, colors and fussy cuts is simply beautiful. : ) In particular, I LOVE the fabric/color you are using for your stems!!!

    I hope your package arrives quickly. Meanwhile, you can take advantage of the 'free time' to prep. You will have a busy, but productive holiday! I can hardly wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete