Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My First Block


This is the first block I started with because it looked the easiest and I wasn't in the mood to make bias strips. I also took a little creative license and changed a couple of things. I have decided not to put the green center in the papaya ( I think that's what it is) for now but may change  my mind later.



I also put this yellow dot on top of the bowl, the original has it underneath. I liked the design and wanted it to show!


I really like my circles to look as perfect as I can make them. I used the Perfect Circles from Karen K. Buckley and they work well. They are easy to use too.

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Your block is wonderful and all changes are acceptable :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need to apologize for your changes, it shows you thought about it and that makes your quilt more yours i think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great first block to me! Your bowl fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red bowl. You can never have enough red as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your block, Kelly!!! Again, it's YOUR block!!! You can use your artistic and creative license to make changes that suit you. : )

    YOur fabric selections are spot on! YOur block radiates with color and energy!!! You GO...SEW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your block...the colors are really great and the circles are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the basket with the circle in that spot. Terrific block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the nice comments. Now on to block 2...

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it ALL .. the grapes are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gorgeous block Kelly!! and the papaya fruit looks good - it's uncut, actually, I don't know what fruit that is!! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete