Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Hearts and Flowers Quilt

I bought the Quilt Romance book because I was bound I was going to make the pickle dish quilt that is on the cover.  I didn't even flip through the book because I was in a hurry, and after all it's a Kaffe book. Even if you never make a single quilt from his books, the photos are inspirational enough to warrant owning the book.  Imagine my surprise when I sat down to look at the book and found a Kim McLean pattern.  I couldn't stop looking at the Hearts and Flowers quilt.  Then I found your group and decided to start the quilt and join in.

I know I should have pulled all of the fabrics first, but I couldn't decide on what to do for the heart.....

So I jumped to Border 3 and started applequeing the hearts and leaves.  I'm trying to narrow down choices for the heart before I go much farther.  I may need to regroup, go shopping or both. 
LuAnn

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great...have you had any inspirations about your heart now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, LuAnn!!! Your blocks and fabrics are gorgeous!!! The Kaffe fabrics are SO vibrant and filled with colors and textures. I am anxious to see what you chose for your heart...?! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great way to start.... i found a heart center I LOVED and I knew I had a orange/peach teal thing.... you'll know when you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the heart fabric has to be the right one but you look like you're having fun with those luscious fabrics and some smaller blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blocks and fabrics LuAnn. Don't those Philip Jacobs fabrics look fabulous in your photo? I'm sure you will discover what is right for your heart, perhaps some shopping will help!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collection of fabrics there LuAnn! choose the heart fabric first then the scallopy outer shape and then a solid that goes with both, that was the way I did mine. Love all the hearts and leaves you've done! Glad you've joined us, look forward to seeing your journey, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete