Friday, September 10, 2010

Thread Bin

I too use very similar tools for my applique to those already shown. Instead I will show a little thread rubbish bin that I made years ago and still find very handy. I saw this idea somewhere, unfortunately I cannot remember where! Firstly I purchased a small container of chips from my local supermarket. Then you have to eat the chips (that is the fun part!!!).
Give the chip container a wipe out, cut a small hole in the lid, put the lid back onto the container and there you go a small thread rubbish bin! I find it handy to pop extra needles and pins around the lid so they are there when I need them. I know it would look so much better if I covered the container with fabric, but hey, with all the applique needing to be done I just don't have the time!!!
Gotta love recycling!!

7 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    I love this idea! I need to go buy some chips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a genius idea Cathy! I see some Pringles in my future (like tomorrow, tomorrow is good!!). I have to admit to sneakily stuffing threads down the side of the couch tonight, lol. I know, I know, bad appliquer! Tomorrow I shall repent and make me a handy dandy thread bin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reduce-reuse-recycle-repurpose!!! I too have seen this idea - fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us, Cathy. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to look for some chips now. Food containers can be so useful, I keep a little mint tin in my kit for broken needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea--guess I've no excuse for making a mess on the floor now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea and when the lid gets too many holes in it then you just can get some more pringles... boy, wonder how fast I can make too many holes in the lid... maybe I could help them along with my stiletto ...

    ReplyDelete