Friday, October 1, 2010

All is Well That Ends Well!

On Wednesday, Dear Mother (ggrrrr! - 92 years old in 6 days time) decided to pour some water from her drinking glass into the vase with the kangaroo paws - a small journey but quite a few obstacles to encounter. Luckily I was within hearing distance and heard a noise like a little lamb squeeling 'I've fallen. I've fallen'! Oh dear, I'm home alone with her, what do I do! Cushioned Mum to make her comfortable and then phoned DD who thought she would be able to drag Mum from the floor - what a little Champion - she did it! Bruises aplenty - thanks goodness, no broken bones.

My sewing basket was just to the side and guess what - yes, water all over my glued applique! Would you believe, a sponge with a dry hand towel and out to the clothesline in the sunshine and here it is - all perfect! What a lucky day for us! There's lots and lots of sprigs to do and not one was lost.

I'm playing nurse to little granddaughter at the moment, so I'll quietly sneak back and add a few more stitches!

Happy weekend everyone - hugs - Lurline♥

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad it all ended "Happily"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Glad to hear your Mum is OK...Nothing worse than Broken Bones at their age...Your Sprigs are Beautiful ..Glad too they Survived the Ordeal!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good I am glad to hear Mom is ok and that you were able to quickly dry the border so your prep work time wasn't wasted! can you imagine!
    the leaves look beautiful, keep it up maybe this border can be done this weekend!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness your Mum didn't break any bones in her fall! I hope her bruises heal quickly.
    Great to hear your sewing is OK too.

    I hope your grand daughter is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...bless her heart. Thank goodness your Mum didn't break any bones..and your applique wasn't damaged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circle of life; Moms take care of daughters and the role reverses to daughters taking care of Mothers.

    This is such a killer border, I am thinking it will be my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very happy to read that everything went well!!!!
    Ouf:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad nothing was broken in her fall...it happens so easily! Nice to hear the beautiful applique survived too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That could have been scary, glad it all worked out and your Mum is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lurline, you were both very lucky, so glad everything was ok, especially no broken bones! Congrats to your Mum for 92 years! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, all's well that ends well. Thankful for nothing broken or damaged! Keep your eye on that household as you make some stitches too! ; ) Fabulous sprigs and leaves you've got going on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad Mum AND border are doing great Lurline! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete