Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Friend's Quilt


I just returned from my local quilt guild's fall retreat, Camp Wannamakeablankie. One of the guild members, Pam, pieced this entire log cabin quilt top at camp. It is made entirely of Kaffe Fassett's fabrics and it was just wonderful. Each block center was fussy cut.
I believe this pattern is found in Kaffe Fassett's book Quilt Romance.
Are any of you Glorious Appliquers headed to Houston to the the International Quilt Festival? I am so excited to be seeing Kim's Roseville Album in person. There is also a lunch lecture on Thursday, November 4, by Kaffe Fassett.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I LOVE it, great way to use up those left over bits..or buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!! She must have been very organized and steadfast to get this BIG quilt top completed during a retreat!? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, Cheri, going to Houston! Wish I could go but a family wedding takes precedence....even over Glorious Applique!! That log cabin quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautriful quilt! I didn't realize there were so many nice Kaffe lights? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Log Cabin Quilt! I'd love to do one of those one day, the colours are gorgeous.
    Lucky you Cheri, going to Houston. If it is permitted, can you take the photo of the RA please and post here? Many thanks, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete