Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sprigs blocks...well, half of them


I love having discovered and doing hand applique. But falling in love with one of Kim's bigger patterns means it is taking me a long while. So here is what I've done so far even though it is just half the applique blocks and not a pieced top yet, just to prove that I really am working on it! I've used both Kaffe's fabrics and batiks. I love fall colors so that's my focus. Hope I will be a little faster doing the rest of the quilt, but it was nice just seeing the blocks up on the design wall. (The last two blocks here are still in process.)

10 comments:

  1. Half of them is great progress! I'm hoping to make this someday, and it's fun to see it done in your fall color scheme. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so pretty love your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sally, half is pretty good!! They look gorgeous, I love the yellows and orange, keep going, you're halway there already. Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half done is also half finished! And you're way ahead of those of us (like me) who haven't even tackled a KMcL project yet!

    I love your idea of this one in fall colors. this is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Autumn colors. Your blocks are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! Keep going - your quilt will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks beautiful! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone for your comments! It encourages me to keep on plugging away. And thank you, Kim, again for such wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful. I really enjoy this quilt also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally, these blocks are beautiful! Did you do them all by needleturn? Your colors are so warm looking too.

    ReplyDelete