Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lollypop love

It all began with admiring the quilts on this gloriousapplique blog. Then I bought the pattern for the Lollypop Tree quilt and a little bit later a quiltstore in Holland started a Kim McLean club. I decided to join this club together with a friend. It became more and more fun to work on the Lollypop Tree blocks and to buy those gorgeous fabrics to work with.

Last month I started the blog Kim McLean in Holland, but I’m very happy to be able to show my work on this blog now as wel, thanks to Janet!!

I downsized the pattern to 70% of the original and the blocks I work on are downsized to 75%, so the appliqued forms fill have a bit more space around them. The squares in the sashings will therefore be made at 1,5" finished and I understood it’s better to start cutting all those little squares now!!


Nicolette

10 comments:

  1. I saw pics of your blocks on the other blog, but didn't realize you had reduced the size. Your blocks are fantastic, with such nice fussy cuts! Each one is like a little work of art. Yes...cut a few squares as you are cutting your shapes then it won't be such a big job? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color choices, very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks--your fabric choices on each block blend together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to resize the blocks, Nicolette. They're lovely. Your quilt is going to be so happy and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks Nicolette, enjoyed reading your blog too! Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous Nicolette. The background looks lovely too. I wonder what size the quilt will end up when finished?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are wonderful, I had so much fun working on the lollipops. I also really enjoyed putting the little squares around the blocks as I went, would like to see another picture as you add you squares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all!!!

    Janet: when I make the entire quilt it will probably measure about 70,5" square, that’s about 175 cm2.

    ReplyDelete