Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stars and Sprigs progress


Thanks to Janet (Quiltsalott) for pointing me to that video on knotting the silk thread I am making much faster (and much more satisfying) progress on my Sprigs applique blocks. Number 2 was only delayed by Mother Nature. We had rain at 4 inches an hour the other night and my poor house just couldn't hold the water back any longer. Happily, today the sun is shining and hopefully we can start to dry out. I am not complaining because, for us, the bad weather was mostly a nuisance. So many others are dealing with real floods and Texas can only dream of the water we wish we didn't have.

These two Stars blocks are made from the new Dear Jane 2 line of fabric. They are some really wild reproduction fabrics and add just the pop of color I am looking for. I am enjoying this pattern so much. It is fun to finish a block and start poking around in the stash to choose the next fabrics. Thanks, Kim, for designing the vehicle to fully appreciate my complete stash of fabrics.

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are great, love the fabrics. I also have the dear Jane second collection and I cannot wait to use them, they certainly make your stars pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sprigs and love those wacky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fussy cutting on your leaves. I love seeing the brighter repros..and your work really shows them off to great affect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you are using the repros in this quilt. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete