Sunday, October 16, 2011

Progress---sort of







Add ImageI am presently working on this block. I made the basket leaving an opening for two stems, added the stems using a light box for placement. Then realized there was a third stem, ripped a few stitches to make room, appliqued the stems, noticed the background was a bit rippled between the stems and the basket, used a bit of steam to see if the bias stems would "relax a bit,-----acckk----there were two short bits of red thread on the ironing board and the red leached onto the background, dabed a bit with water and the spots lightened a bit, then decided that the flowers would probably cover the spots. I press on.


I also added a photo of the block that I had just completed.


I saw a photo of Julee's Roseville hanging proudly at the AQS show in Des Moine. Congrats on a gorgeous rendition.






5 comments:

  1. Your applique is absolutely gorgeous! I can just imagine the roller coaster of emotions you went through with the current block. I think we've all had episodes like that? I'm happy to know it looks like it will all work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to fix up those gremlins in the current block, they booth are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing as to forgetting to add stems and had to go back and rip an opening for them. Glad you liked my quilt. Your basket choices are great, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mary, love the fabrics! Glad you mange to solve the red thread problem. I spilled black tea on mine, lucky it was a small block and did a new one. Life is like that! Have fun, Kim McL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're off to a good & pretty start! Some blocks are just a bit of trouble--glad yours worked out. On the very same block, I cut a small hole in my background, so some of my circles got moved around a bit. (Now I am paranoid about trimming or clipping.) Hope the rest of your block goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete