Monday, July 30, 2012

Update from Kelli

Hey there fellow applique admirers, I have some pics to show you!  I am doing the Stars and Sprigs quilt by machine applique.  I am tracing the shapes onto Floriani stitch and wash, then fusing to the fabric, cut around the shape with about a one eighth allowance, then, I use Elmers glue stick (the purple one) around the shape, then, using a finger pressing tool, shape the seam allowance over the edge of the stitch and wash, this is such a delightful process for me, I love this part more than the sewing :)  I have all the shapes made, I have some gluing to do though, I have used Roxannes baste it glue to tack down my applique.
 Cut out, ready to go yumminess!





  I am starting to sew up the stars now, I just have to look up how :)
Watch this space.................

12 comments:

  1. Love your colours, and the fussy cutting of some pieces. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocks are beautiful, love your fabric choices. Can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking great. I really like using that Floriani stich n wash for all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks Kelli! They are very cheerful indeed, keep posting your photos please, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks. I am thinking about using this method when I do the Flower Pots quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made such lovely fabric choices--this is going to be a terrific quilt. It's so funny--when I was reading your description of how you do it, I thought "That sounds awful;; I could never do all that." And then got to the part where you say you like it more than the sewing! To each his own--I only like the sewing and cut out as much as the extraneous stuff as I can. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! the stuff you use sounds just like ricky tims stable stuff, which is great for needle turn applique- well it's the first I heard of with this method and I like this method..... your blocks looks great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Look forward to seeing the progress...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fabric choices and fussy cuts are just beautiful! I wish I could come and sit in the corner and watch you prep your pieces. It sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl after my own heart I have also done this method on some of'' Flower Garden'' but your work is much nicer well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy, every minute spare I get, I work on my little shapes, busy gluing, and finger pressing, when you have done thousands of pieces you get really good at it LOL

      Delete